What are the odds that your significant other will break up with you if you don’t get them a Valentine’s Day gift? You might find the answer a bit shocking.
The infographic below illustrates 14 Valentine’s Day facts and trivia you might not know about, including the answer to the above question.
If you’re going out on a special date or to a party on this day of romance, you could sprinkle some of these Valentine’s Day trivia questions into your conversation.
- For example, do you know who started this romantic holiday and when?
- Who started the tradition of a box of chocolates for Valentine’s Day? (And no, it’s not Forrest Gump.)
- How much chocolate is purchased for Valentine’s Day?
- Who spends more on Valentine’s Day, men or women?
- How many people propose to each other on Valentine’s Day?
- How many people do NOT celebrate this romantic holiday? (If you’re not celebrating, this one Valentine’s Day fact will be a lot of consolation. You’re not alone!)
The answer to these and other questions are all on the Valentine’s Day Facts infographic below, courtesy of the folks at Maiden Stride.
And if you need a bit more inspiration for that romantic Valentine’s Day dinner, check out these related articles.
Mature Dating: How To Deal with Valentine’s Day in a Brand New Relationship
Valentine’s Day can be tricky in a new relationship.
When you’re in the early stages of dating someone, Valentine’s Day poses several problems or issues, impacted by how serious they are about each other:
- Is it too early in the relationship to celebrate the day?
- Or, should they plan a romantic date?
- Should they exchange gifts?
- If so, should they be meaningful gifts that express love?
- And how extravagant should the gifts be?
- Is a bouquet of roses for the woman obligatory?
- Is chocolate a must?
- Should you say “I love you” for the first time?
- Will having sex be in the mix?
It’s a lot of pressure . . . especially if you don’t know your potential partner very well and aren’t crystal clear about how they feel about you.
Read the article for help navigating this sometimes difficult day when you’re dating.
25 Best True Love Quotes for Valentine’s Day to Inspire, Amuse, and Open Your Heart
Here are a few especially meaningful quotes from the article:
People always say that, when you love someone, nothing in the world matters. But that’s not true, is it? You know, and I know, that when you love someone, everything in the world matters a little bit more.
― Jodi Picoult in Handle with Care
To say that one waits a lifetime for his soulmate to come around is a paradox. People eventually get sick of waiting, take a chance on someone, and by the art of commitment become soulmates, which takes a lifetime to perfect.
― Criss Jami, Venus in Arms
It is a curious thought, but it is only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them.
― Agatha Christie, Agatha Christie – An Autobiography